The hameau consists of a living/working area (ownership through holding shares)
and the castle Pierrefitte (governed by a non-profit organisation)
Core group: permanent residents, grows in phases (maximum capacity for the whole domain: 56 inhabitants, kids included → +- 33 adults)
longterm-tenants can be a part of this maximum-capacity, we want to let this arise organically.
Renovations: separate living-units (appartments, studio's, houses), scattered throughout the domain.
* living kitchen, accesible and available for everyone
* deepen and elaborate the vision, growth and expansion of Pierrefitte
* shared tasks concerning the biogarden/orchard/animals (chickens, bees, goats, fish,...)
general maintenance and managing the supply of fire wood
Possible professional activities:
* renovate ecologically, rocket stoves, tile or clay stoves, micro-turbines, isolation with hemp fiber
* carpentry (building tumbleweeds, ) handyman, gardener
* wanted professions in the area: nursing and doctors, baker, mechanic, smith
* B&B catering for educational centre- facilitate pilgrimage bushcraft activities
* horse trekking (holistic approach)
* possibility of a house with a studio space for (old) crafts, artists,...
* possibility of using the domain for holding workshops, courses/training
* exploiting a small restaurant in the castle & occupying the appartement above it, providing breakfast for guests (opt.)
Activities of the non-profit organisation (long term):
* small campground, gîtes (d'étappe), small number of hotelrooms, retreat cottages, tree huts,...
* renting out meadows for survival camps, vision quests,...
* exploiting the castle: training and knowledge center with accommodation, organising activities, restaurant
* regional products store with tourist information (Mt. Beuvray,...) and a booking service
* meals on wheels (a lot of eldery people in the region), shop service maybe,...
Group of members:
* can rent spaces for won activities
* temporary stay /seasonal residents or tenants
* participate in communal activities
* family, friends, volunteers
* participants of formations/workshops/retreat/tourist stay
Castle Pierrefitte (non-profit organisation):
Refurbishment of the dependance:
* temporary office, reception area and living kitchen with eating/meeting space
* activity hall (first floor)
* furnishing catering kitchen (basis is already in place)
* sanitary block with washing place
* lodging for temporary volunteers (four rooms with ensuite)
* after the renovation of the castle, the activity hall will be moved to downstairs, as a space for courses/training
and the first floor will be transformed into sleeping accommodation for participants
Renovating the castle and transforming it to:
* training and knowledge center: spaces for courses/workshops/training/consulting
* hotelrooms, chambre d'hôtes, gîte
* small restaurant with appartement above
* housing for concierge
* living kitchen and eating/meeting space
* office, reception, library
The emphasis for us is that all this is done ecologically.
Renovating ecologically: (and in the typical Morvan-style)
* isolation that can breathe (hemp)
* rocket stove (complete combustion, low C02-emission)
* local materials, energy efficient
Low impact on environment:
* limitation of the amount of residents
* purifying waste water via plant filter
* the soil has been organically exploited for the past 15 years, this will be continued
* using local and native varieties as much as possible
* regenerative gardening will be the main approach
* small scale
* servicable to environment (answering to local needs)
* being as self-sufficient as possible
Car sharing/joint washing machines and utensils/...
We want to buy and renovate without (big) bank loans.
Preferable we'd like to have a mixture of nationalities, certainly not just Belgians.
We've been following a number of communities for quite some time, visiting them and having conversations, to learn from their experiences.